2013年11月15日星期五

What I think about electronic devices

         This week I ordered an iPad mini with retina display. It was the first time I order a electronic device at the first day it goes on sale. At 5:00 am, Nov 12th, I find that the apple online store had been closed and upgraded. Then it opened again and the iPad mini with retina display hit the shelves. I selected the model I want and checked out immediately. Because according to the market prediction report I have read, ipad mini would be out of stock frequently in the early one or two months. I order it so quickly to make sure I can get one not too soon.
        Why do I buy it? Mostly because it has some properties that really attracted me. Firstly, as people can see in its name, the new screen with high resolution. I just think it is better for my eye health. But that's not important. What made me want to order it is that the processor. If people have some knowledge about the architecture of the processor, they would know that this time the processor has a great advance. The last reason is that the system and user interface also improved a lot.
       I am a person that like to play and try lots of electronic devices, I have many smartphones and tablets. Based on my own experience about them, I write a list about the factors that contribute to my desire to purchase in my mind. In most of the conditions I would like to consider the device's operating system and application ecosystem first. Then I will consider the performance. The user interface and the appearance is what I consider at last. Why are those factors listed in that order? Because I order those factors due to how much it affected to my experience of using. When I use the electronic device, actually I am using the application runs in it but not the processor. So how many applications the operating system has and their quality is the most important. Then I will need a better performance device that can run these apps well. Both of the software and the hardware change so fast these years, each year the software requires higher hardware performance. So not so good performance would cause so bad experience. I care less about the appearance because it can be changed by consumers, and the UI would definitely be beautiful if a system has huge amount of apps. There is always a good choice in large amount of choices.

2 条评论:

  1. That sounds great!! I hope you get your iPad mini in time for Thanksgiving break so you will get to enjoy it over the holiday.

    回复删除
  2. I didnt know you were so fascinated by technology. I am too! And you're lucky you ordered it fast, they tend to sell out pretty quick:)

    回复删除