2013年11月8日星期五

Right about talking



Talking in a public place request other’s permission, or you are sure that no one against you. I have found that many students in my residence hall talking all the time, they talking in their room, talking in the hall way, and talking in the lounge room. Talking everywhere, anytime, seems that they never feel tired, never feel thirsty, and never stop. It makes so hard for me to find a place to study in the residence hall. It caused a lot of inconvenience. I don’t want to walk outside for too long in the winter. But now, I only spend few hours on sleeping in the residence hall, all of others time I study ,read or watch something outside. I have talked to these people, and it did not work. I have also talked to RA and other stuffs of the recidence hall, they said that was a problem about different culture, and want me to understand. I was appreciate that they helped a lot. The environment is more orderly now. But they were wrong. There is nothing about culture. It is just my personal hobby that I would like to study in a quite place, and that is not important. What important problem is, the problem is not a culture problem, but something is right or wrong.
A person do not have the right to talking in every place except his or her personal place, or there should be other rules that show to everybody. What place means here is how big the area that the sound of the talking can be heard. For example, a person cannot talking very loudly in his house. It seems that the house is a personnal place, but the area which is covered by the sound is not belongs to him. It sounds a little strange, and maybe hard for people to believe that they don't have the right to talk. But I think it is true. Talking right is not a part of the human right. What human right is the right belongs to individual person. Talking right is not that kind of right, obviously when you talk to someone, it is not a right belongs to you, it belongs to everyone who takes a part in or can heard this talk. So it is easy to figure out that everyone should get others permission before they start talking. That is confused, because people must wonder why we don't do that every time and we still can have a good conversation most of the time. That is because, although we should do that reasonably, but it is not gonna happen in our real life. It definitely waste lots of time. But we are humans, we have intelligence. We create a new way to rule this activity. That is, people can talk if everyone agrees or no one raises objection with it. Most of the times, the second condition happens. When we make a conversation, usually we are happy to do that, so we don't need to determine that.
That's why I think it is not about culture but they are wrong. Believe it or not, China does a better job than US on this problem. I used to call the police to let a person stop talking in China. I haven't thought of that, until I saw it by myself, I found it is true that in some area like this, China protect human right better than US. I have suggested to stuffs and RA that they can each make room a different function. Some for party, some for chatting, and some for study. So that no one would be bothered by others.

3 条评论:

  1. Maybe you can buy ear plugs. They are helpful. Or you can go to a study lounge.

    回复删除
  2. Have you talked to your roommate about having your dorm room quite at certain times of the day so you can get your work done and he can take his conversations somewhere else. I know it is a cold walk to the library but specific floors at Newman library have a no talking policy. Also, if you can not find any other solutions they math empo is a great place to study and there is a bus that will take you there.

    回复删除
  3. I understand that some people like to study in quite rooms! You should invest in some ear plugs like Yilin said.

    回复删除